- Population: 149.082 (2014)
- Median age: 37.8
- Average Household Income: $80,855
- Median Home Value: $185,600
- Adults with Bachelor’s Degree or Higher: 45.1%
- Land area of the City: 63.3 square miles
- Parks: 40
- Total Parks acreage: 1,913
- Golf Courses (public and private): 8
McKinney is the county seat of Collin County, one of the wealthiest counties in the USA. The current population for Collin County, per the 2012 Census, is 834,642, a 62% increase from 2000 (US Census, 2012). The numbers make Collin County:
- The third fastest growing county in Texas
- The 13th fastest growing county in the U.S.
- The sixth most populous county in Texas
- The wealthiest county in Texas
The U.S. Census Bureau reported that McKinney has jumped 144% in population since 2000 and is now the 19th largest city in Texas up from 49th in 2000.
In the August 2014 issue of Money Magazine, McKinney ranked No. 1 on the Best Places to Live in America list. McKinney is the only Texas city in the top 10. Money editors and writers look at employment, schools, crime and safety and overall quality of life aspects to come up with the list. McKinney has been among the fastest-growing cities in the country since 2000.
City Website: http://mckinneytexas.org/
McKinney YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/McKinneyVision