Layered Candy Cane Dessert
This trifle will look smashing on your Christmas table!!! With layers of custard and jelly, piled high with cream and fruit, the one thing that will take your Christmas Trifle to another level is to use real cranberry juice and flavourless Aeroplane jelly, instead of artificial flavoured jelly. It’s super simple!
- 1 package (14.3 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed candy canes (about 7 regular size), divided
- 2 packages (3.3 ounces each) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2-3/4 cups cold 2% milk
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter; pulse just until combined. Press onto bottom of a 13×9-in. dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping and 1/2 cup crushed candies. Spread over crust.
- Whisk pudding mix and milk 2 minutes; spread over cream cheese layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours. Sprinkle with remaining candies just before serving.